Annual Membership dues in CAPSES vary depending on the type and size of an organization. There are three categories of Membership (For specific instructions please see membership application.)
General Membership: a nonpublic school with certification from the California Department of Education (CDE) which provides special education or related services to individuals with disabilities. Dues are based on the filed Private School Affidavit student count and number of certified school sites.
Limited Membership: an organization, association or agency, without a CDE certified nonpublic school component, concerned with the welfare and needs of individuals with disabilities and/or provides services to such individuals. Dues are a Flat Rate.
Affiliate Membership: an individual concerned with the welfare and needs of individuals with disabilities and/or a person who provides services to such individuals. Dues are a Flat Rate.
Itís EASY to become a CAPSES Member! To request a CAPSES Membership Application, Contact the CAPSES Executive Office to request a Membership Application packet or download it from CAPSES website.
Once you receive your new member packet, complete your Membership Application form and submit it along with the following supporting documents:
- Your signed copy of the CAPSES Code of Ethics;
- A copy of the current yearís Private School Affidavit (R-4) as submitted to the State Department of Education each October;
- A copy of applicable certification and/or licenses;
- Descriptive brochures and/or pamphlets describing services and programs; and
- Payment of Membership dues for the current year.